2006年8月14日 星期一

Ayers Rock - day 3


Kata Tjuta ( The Olgas)



wildflowers


wildflowers
(photos from
www.voyages.com.au)

Ayers Rock - day 3 ( 28 July 2006 Fri) hot & cloudy 24C

Kata Tjuta (The Olgas)

Kata Tjuta, known also as The Olgas. Kata Tjuta is the Aboriginal name, which means "many heads'. It is a group of more than 30 rounded red domes rising from the desert floor. The tallest is said to be around 546 metres high. Kata Tjuta is about 30 kilometres west of Uluru.

Kata Tjuta (The Olgas) -Morning Kata Tjuta Valley of the winds walk day tour
(half day)

I was picked up by the tour at 7:05am in the morning to the national park. Our guide took us to witness the magic of the morning light of Uluru. Then we were on the way to Kata Tjuta. It took about 45 mintes to ride to it. At about 9:00 am. We were arrived the enterence of Kata Tjuta.

Our guide is a beautiful young lady. She drew a rough map on the ground to explain the geological history of the their country and surrounding area of Olgas. In the meantime, she shown herself was a professional guide and took lots of time in research for the related information. I asked her how she did such things. Her reply was she loves and likes her job very much.


It took about 2-3 hours walk to the Velley of the Winds lookout. Four of our team members did not join due to their ages. When they arrived the 1st lookout area, they were return back. Yesterday I was missing the great rim walk of Canyon. I didn't want to miss this trip anymore. The walking path is rocky.

Velley of the Winds has three levels of lookout. The 1st lookout is O. K. for me. So I decided to take the others. I belived I could and I must do it. From the 1st lookout, I could feel why this area called the name of " Velley of the Winds " ! It was hardly to stand on the tip of the 1st lookout too long due to the strong winds. After taking some photos, we started our 2nd round walk.

In the cool morning air marval at the unique flora and fauna that has survived in this harsh environment and admire the view of the central valley of the domes of Kata Tjuta. While I did my way to walk on and on, I could hear the sounds of blowing winds, birds singing, my
heartbeat and the steps of my own on the ground . Alought I am alone, I still alive and I could live my life on my own. The feeling is good and how come two days before I was so sad under the stars at night in outback !!!

I am not young now, the way walk to the 3rd level a bit hard for me. It was up and down and needed a lots of engery to keep on and on. I was lucky that there were two young guide behind me all the way.

Finally, I can finish the whole
journey for the Velley of the Winds!!!

At about 11:15 am. We all finished the walk. At about 12:30 back to outback. After that I enjoyed a relax time in Ayers Rock for my own. At night I enjoyed the outback bar live songs under the stars.

On 29 July in the morning, I am going to Cairns by Domestic freight.

Hey.. Hey... come and see you all in Cairns...


Ayers Rock - outback













2 則留言: