2006年8月14日 星期一

Ayers Rock - day 2


Kings Canyon - waterfalls into Kings Canyon


Kings Canyon in the air


Kings Canyon
(photos from www.voyages.com.au)

Ayers Rock - day 2 ( 27 July 2006 Thu ) Sunny & hot 27C

Kings Canyon day tour

Kings Canyon - is starkly becautiful, it's red rock fromations creating a mysterious land scape. It is situated in Watarrka National Park. A walk along the Canyon rim allows you to gaze down the 270 metre cleft in the sandstone walls that plunge to the Canyon floor.
Kings Canyon day tour
I did not sleep well last night due to I was afraid that I could not weak up at 4:00 am. As the tour going to pick me up at 5:00 am early in the morning. Oh! My God!

On the way to the Kings Canyon, I still in deep
sleepiness. 

 
There were total 28 members for this tour. Not only I am but also the other team members too. It was still very dark while we were riding on the coach. The sun is going to rise at around 7:26 am.

Suddenly, at around 5:45 am the coach stopped! It was because of four camels across the highway back home. Our guide (driver) told us that you had to drive very carefully in the dark night due to you didn't know when the animals will came, e.g. kangaroo, emu...



After 3 1/2 hours rode on the coach, we were here. When we arraived the national park. We had to take 1/2 hours time to walk to the starting place. I can see and feel Canyon's sandhill rocky climb. The rocky climb with our guide to the rim of Kings Canyon to be rewarded with the marvellous views. The climb may take up to 3 hours and is for those with a good leavel of fitness. I though it must be amazed as the sheer variety of the scenery and its natural beauty.

The driver is your local guide, but today, we had two guides. It is because you can choose the rim walk or the easier walk. I tried some stepsof the rim walk, it was not easy for me to take up and down the hill.

So, I took the easy walk.  Explore the boulder - strewn Canyon floor, an easier walk. It took about one and half hour to walk.

I made frinds with a girl who came from China and has been in Austraila for 14 months for training. She stayed with her mother who just came from China for holiday. After 3 hours climb, they were back from the rim walk, they all told me that it was wonderful while they were on the top of the Canyon.
Of course, I was a bit disapointed that I did not join the rim walk.






Ayers Rock - Outback








沒有留言:

張貼留言